Thursday, October 2, 2008

Creek Crossings

Since most (if not all) of the trails around Bozeman follow drainages up into the hills, creek crossings are abundant. This post is about them.

Here's Katie preparing to navigate a rocky crossing, on the way back down South Cottonwood.


This is Evan, braving the cold meltwater about a mile from Emerald Lake

Here's pat, ambitiously attempting a creek crossing on South Cottonwood. I've never seen anybody clean this. To be fair, there was an awful lot of water.



Here's me, on a log crossing in Big Sky's North Fork.



Also, random notes:

Helmet Hair is awesome:


Bike rack stability testing:



It shames me to say it, but I'm starting to get excited for snow. I'm still going mountain biking about twice a week, and will continue until the weather forbids it.

No comments: