Sunday, November 23, 2008

Skiing, yo.

Skiing is awesome. Alfred, Zach, and Kerstin skied with me today. We went up towards Sacagawea Peak and skied some mellow, low-angle stuff. I went halfway off the road on the way up (operator error, not particularly treacherous roads) but Alfred, Zach, and Kerstin pushed the car back on the road while I floored the gas, a feat that was only possible because they are as strong as oxen. Then I got a flat. I fixed that and drove the rest of the road with non-full-size donut spare. We started skinning at about nine, which is a little late considering that we left the house at seven, but not bad considering that I had already gotten pseudo-stuck and changed a tire. The snow was variable, but the coverage was sufficient, and it was great to get back on skis. I'm still horrible at making telemark turns. Horrible meaning almost incapable. It was fun, and we found a protected gully full of soft snow which made everything okay. We got back into town a couple of minutes past noon, after driving back at about 35 with the hazard lights on. The world looks different at 35. Here are some lifestyle shots:

No comments: